May 2, 2008

Searching for the perfect greens


Its been really hot for the past few weeks and I have walked to at least some seven eight odd bhaji shops around in search of some greens. Bunches of coriander that sabziwalnis in Haat Bazaar back home would throw in gratis with your weekly purchase are costing fifteen bucks!!! I am not having coriander and there is no sign of mint. Methi saag is a thing of the past and finally I got some palak. It cost me twenty rupees for a bunch that look like a really pathetic bangali babu who had thoroughly beaten up by a gang of dhood shood peene wala Haryanvi Jats. I bought it home and retrieved precisely twelve intact leaves from two bunches. Oh how I miss the Haat Bazaar back home....the haggling, the bargaining, the crowds and yes the squelchy feeling below your feet in monsoons.

No comments: