April 5, 2008

CARAMELISED SWEET POTATOES

On my way back from work there is a place where a bunch of village women sit with small piles of vegetables from their garden. the vegetables are home-grown, fresh and organic. I make it a point to buy them every alternate day. Last week I bought sweet potatoes worth Rs 10 which was quite a big pile. I was boiling and eating them rather uninterstingly until my neighbour gave me this recipe. Its fattening but truly divine.

INGREDIENTS
Sweet potatoes about 5
1 tbs clarified butter(Khareyko ghiu/ghee)
1 tbs sugar
LETS DO IT
Finely slice the sweet potatoes into roundels
Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the sweet potatoes
When the sweet potatoes are half cooked add the sugar
let the sugar caramelise and stir so that all the sweet potatoes are coated evenly with the caramelised sugar.
This tastes great by it self and is a unique topping idea for ice cream.

No comments: